University of Tampere Main campus
COMS/Tampere Research Centre for Russian and Chinese Media
The Arctic is becoming the focus of worldwide interest due to climate change and the utilisation of the region’s natural resources. It has seen the emergence of new industries, environmental pressures and geopolitical tensions. At the same time, academic and public discourse and the media are facing the challenge of finding adequate ways to discuss the developments in the region.
Are you interested in the theme of Arctic change from a media perspective? Would you like to learn from the experiences and expertise of acclaimed media professionals and specialists in Arctic issues?
Tampere Research Centre for Russian and Chinese Media (TaRC) hosts an international Master Class week Media and the Arctic 26–30 November 2018. The week offers several free events for all those interested in the subject. No preregistration. Click here for more information on the public events.
Tampere Research Centre for Russian and Chinese Media (TaRC), founded in 2017, is an international meeting place that brings together novel forms of teaching, research, and events. For further information about the centre, please visit TaRC website
- Organized by Tampere Research Centre for Russian and Chinese Media (TaRC).
- Funded by C.V. Akerlund Media Foundation sr, and the Faculty of Communication Sciences at the University of Tampere.
- Address for online streaming: research.uta.fi/tarc/streaming
- Address of Linna building: Kalevantie 5, Tampere: <https://goo.gl/maps/w8RFwasvaPQ2>
- Address of Pinni buildings: Kanslerinrinne 1, Tampere: <https://goo.gl/maps/4wVsWwPKAaS2>
- Campus map: <https://goo.gl/Ubz41W>
TaRC coordinator Mika Perkiömäki, 050 437 7396, firstname.lastname@example.org